Meet the Team:
Richard Mairs , Ecologist
Richard Mairs completed his MSc in Environmental Science (Applied Ecology and Conservation) in 2008. He has developed a diverse range of skills working in various roles including as a fisheries observer, shorebird monitoring, nursery work and environmental planning. He is a member of the New Zealand Ecological Society, Auckland Botanical Society, Ornithological Society of New Zealand and Forest and Bird.
Richard has worked at Te Ngahere in the field since 2010 carrying out plant and animal pest control, wasp nest control, mosquito surveillance and restoration planting.
Richard joined our consultancy team in 2015.
Services Richard can provide include:
• ecological assessments including for resource consent;
• ecological restoration planning;
• vegetation surveys;
• bird monitoring (including seabirds and shorebirds);
• freshwater surveys (including macroinvertebrates) and has an electric fishing certificate; and
• design, set up and monitoring of animal pest control operations.
Outside of work, Richard enjoys bird watching, tramping, foraging and growing natives and vegetables.